5 Ways of Concentration of Mind Naturally
Aimless thoughts are the seat of the wandering mind. The mind naturally does not seem to stick to anything unless controlled to do it. Controlling one’s own mind to concentrate on a certain activity is inevitable in the day to day life. Without concentration and focus of mind, we cannot do a certain task that has to be done meticulously. The role of concentration is not only meant to do the certain difficult task but also a state of mind with calmness and peace that can be experienced.
Why the concentration of mind is given a high priority?
It is said that the essence of knowledge is in concentration. The power of the human mind is limitless. When this energy is concentrated in a single aspect, its result cannot be obstructed. A good portion of one’s own energy is wasted by mere unwanted thoughts that if could utilize in the needed work with the power of concentration would have yielded the results in a short period of time. The role of concentration in achieving success is evident from the deeds of the successful people. (See also How to Control Mind to Become Successful?)
We all do concentrate in some or the other cases. But most people lack the intense concentration and get deviated within a short period of time. It is that the difference in their power of concentration is according to the difference in their real nature.
Does this intense concentration have anything to do with success?
Yes, of course. One might have noticed that studying a new matter with good concentration makes one grasp the ideas very quickly, easily and precisely. Whereas, studying the same matter with the distracted mind consumes lots of your time and also fails to get a clear idea of the subject. The more one concentrate, the more power he brings forth to do the task. Retaining the needed thought and also by preventing the other irrelevant thought invading one's mind is the state of concentration. This state can be achieved through the regular appropriate practices. (See 5 States of Mind and Concentration in Patanjali Yoga)
How Concentration of mind works?
The mind gets easily concentrated on the interesting matters. The following are the different situations that make the mind concentrate naturally.
1. When the mind finds something interesting which makes it feel ease and joyful, makes it easy to concentrate as that it would love to adhere to it. Listening to an interesting music helps in memorizing the few lines of lyrics very easily than just reading the lines as the concentration of mind get increased.
2. When the mind is in the state of uncertainty so that it find something skeptical and thus looking out for the solution.
3. When the mind is in the state of excitement that is expecting a favorable condition, such as like looking forward to the outcome of the results.
4. When one encounters a dreadful or dangerous situation, one’s mind becomes duly concentrated. This is the state of a deep breath where the body of the person becomes still temporarily. This is not same as the person confronting the audience having the stage fear, but the concentration of a person who hide and try to escape from the attack of brutal wild animal or such situations can be experienced by watching a movie scene involving certain breath holding incidences as when one get completely involved in it.
5. When the mind experiences a new situation where controlling of bodily activities becomes inevitable. Such as like driving a vehicle for the first time requires a good level of concentration.
There are also many other situations that are responsible for the concentration of mind. Meditation is a powerful technique that will certainly help the aspirants to train the mind to concentrate. Meditation trains the mind to get in focus and controlling one’s own mind for the perfection. (Read also How to Practice Kundalini Meditation?)
Physical exercises, like slowing down your breath and taking a deep breath as mentioned in the pranayama, is also effective. Practice it regularly for few minutes makes your mind get calm down and your ability to concentrate on your activities will be increased.
Do one's actions with a good mental attitude and knowing the general rule of mind helps unveil the secrets of concentration. Confess the mind about the significance of the certain task, and possibly inflict it with the emotions that needed for the concentration of the mind that helps the mind to stay in between the frontiers. Certain concentration exercises like focusing; staring at the object for a short period of time can also help in training the mind as the mental activities can be controlled and forged through regular practices. (Read also Money and Spirituality in Life)
The articles on this website are based on the psychological, philosophical and scientific research. This website is presented with the articles related to the various aspects of Yoga and meditation practices, health and wellness, self-help and spirituality.
The book “Why Kundalini Meditation So Special?” gives a clear understanding of such practices and more over a guide for those who seek the path in this field.